author: Kelly Roenicke
prep time: 5 mins
cook time: 20 mins
total time: 25 mins
yield: 4 servings
- 8 ounces gluten free elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup vegan buttery spread (can use Earth Balance soy free)
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour blend
(can use Bobs Red Mill 1:1 or Robin Hood GF)
- ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 8 ounces non-dairy shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook gluten free macaroni until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan melt the buttery spread, then stir in the gluten free flour and the spices. Stir.
- Slowly add in the dairy free milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils; reduce heat to a simmer, but keep stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in cheese. Whisk the cheese in so it melts and incorporates into the sauce.
- Add elbow macaroni and stir to combine. Serve hot, season with more salt and pepper if desired.