Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake
- author: Jennifer Debth, Show Me The Yummy
- prep time: 10 mins
- cook time: 1 hour
- total time: 1 hour and 10 mins
- yield: 8 people
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup coconut oil
- powdered sugar
- coconut cream or vegan ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prep your 8 in spring form pan with parchment paper (just cut out a circle of parchment paper and lay it on the bottom of the pan) and grease the pan, including the sides, with cooking spray. Place the spring form pan onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat
- Place cocoa powder, brown sugar, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the baking chocolate and coconut oil together in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until completely melted.
- Combine the melted chocolate/oil with the cocoa/sugar/pumpkin, etc. mixture.
- Whisk well until fully combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove the sides of the springform, and allow to cool completely before wrapping in saran wrap and placing in the fridge overnight to firm up.
- Once firm, serve immediately with a dusting of powdered sugar, raspberries, coconut cream, etc.
Find the original recipe at Show Me The Yummy.