Vegan Chili Cheese Dip
- author: Alex Caspero, Delish Knowledge
- prep time: 10 mins
- cook time: 15 mins
- total time: 25 mins
- yield: 6 cups
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked for at least an 1 hour, drained
- 1 orange bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk (i.e. almond milk)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 (15 oz. cans) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 oz. garden fresh salsa
- Optional garnishes: cilantro, sliced green onions.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
- Place the cashews, orange bell pepper, milk, chili powder, and nutritional yeast in a high powered blender. Puree until thick and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, add the minced onion, taco seasoning, black beans and fresh salsa over medium heat. Stir constantly until heated through, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add in the cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt/pepper if needed.
- Garnish as desired and serve.
Find the original recipe Delish Knowledge.