Super Healthy Homemade Hummus
Making things from scratch is always beneficial as you are able to have full control over all of the ingredients. This is no exception and definitely a family favourite.
This easy recipe has had family and friends request it for every get together.
Homemade Hummus Recipe
Super easy to make and keeps well in the fridge.
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper*
- 2 cloves garlic**
- 1 can chick peas, rinsed***
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- at least 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine cilantro, jalapeno and garlic in food processor and blend. Use a small spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Add chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, salt and olive oil to food processor and blend thoroughly. Add more olive oil while blending to reach desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!
Dr. Tim’s Tip’s
1. If you prefer less spicy, take the seeds out. If spicier is your thing, add more jalapeño.
2. If you like garlic, add 1 more clove.
3. For best taste, use dried chickpeas (1 cup of dried chickpeas, soaked overnight, then boiled for 1 hour equals 1 can).