Gluten Free & Vegan Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies
With Christmas around the corner, my kids are growing concerned about the kind of cookies we should be leaving for Santa – what if the jolly fella is Vegan?! I came across this recipe for Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies and they are definitely kid – and Santa – approved!
- 1 1/2 cup Cassava flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 egg replacers
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup avocado or grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup Vegan milk (flax, almond, cashew, etc)
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1/4 cup Vegan mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir all cookie ingredients together.
- You may have to use your hands to mix thoroughly.
- Roll into balls a bit bigger than a golf ball.
- Place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Press down slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes.
- Let cool and cover with frosting and crushed candy canes.
- Depending on how big or small you want to make them, they will make 12-24 cookies.