prep time: 10 mins
cook time: 30 mins
total time: 1 hour 40 mins
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour with xanthan gum
- 1 packet or 2 1/4 teaspoons of rapid yeast/instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (heat 30-45 seconds in the microwave)
- 1 tablespoon honey *Vegan use pure maple syrup or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free-all-purpose flour, for dusting
*Instructions for Pizza
- Place the parchment paper with the crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven and top with the gluten-free pizza sauce, cheese, and your favourite toppings.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes, until the cheese, is nice and melted and the crust is golden brown.
- Allow the pizza to cool a little before slicing the pizza.
- Preheat your oven to the proofing setting or to 200°F. Once it gets to 100°, turn off your oven.
- In a large bowl combine the gluten-free all-purpose flour, instant yeast, gluten-free baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Warm the water to 110°-115°F. I microwave the water in a large glass measuring cup for 30-45 seconds. I also use a thermometer to check the temperature. If your water is too hot it will kill the yeast.
- Add the honey to the warm water and stir until it is dissolved.
- Pour the warm water and honey mixture into the gluten-free flour mixture and mix with your mixer on low.
- Pour the olive oil and apple cider vinegar into the dough mixture and mix on low speed for 1-2 minutes, until the dough starts to forms. The dough will be very sticky.
- Place the dough in a greased ovenproof bowl (I used olive oil cooking spray) and cover with plastic wrap. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and place in your warm oven for 30 minutes to rise.
- Remove the dough from the oven and preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of gluten-free all-purpose flour onto a large sheet of parchment paper. Spread the flour into a circle the size of the pizza crust (15″).
- Turn the bowl over on top of the floured parchment paper. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of gluten-free all-purpose flour on top of the dough. Gently pat the circle in an outward motion. Work from the middle and push to spread the dough out to the edge to make a 15″ circle. Use your fingertips to press down into the dough to form the crust edge. Use your hands to finish shaping and rounding the edges.