30 Minute Pizza Skillet Casserole
Original Recipe at She Likes Food
- author: Izzy, She Likes Food
- prep time: 10 mins
- cook time: 20 mins
- total time: 30 mins
- yield: 4-6
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 large gluten-free flour tortillas, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small summer squash, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese (you can use non-dairy)
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish, if desired
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 teaspoons olive oil and the diced tortillas. Cook tortillas until browned, 5 minutes. Remove tortillas from the skillet.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and all the diced vegetables and cook until vegetables have softened, 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add back in the tortillas, tomato sauce and spices and let simmer. Next, add in 3/4 cups cheese and stir until melted, 2-3 minutes. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and cover until melted. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.