Getting tired of putting your protein powder in smoothies all the time?
This school-safe, gluten and dairy-free, no-bake bar is easy to make with ingredients you’ve got at home. It’s an adaptation of a great bar from Oh She Glows.
- 1/2 cup rice crisp cereal – or whatever puffed one you have
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup vegan protein powder – I suggest stevia free
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter – any nut or seed butter will do
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract – optional if your cereal or protein powder is flavoured
- Splash of dairy substitute milk if needed
- 3 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
How to do it:
- Blend first 4, dry ingredients in a blender
- Mix dry ingredients, maple syrup, seed butter and vanilla in a bowl. Add splash of milk substitute if too dry.
- Press in to a pan, use a roller if necessary, and freeze for 15 min. Cut into bars.
- Heat chocolate and coconut oil in a small pot until half the chips are melted. Remove from heat, stir until smooth, drizzle over bars.
- Store in freezer for up to a week.
and don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest for more gluten and dairy free food ideas!