Wow – I first made this dish when my eldest son had a stomach ache. I wanted to use ginger and I had some to use up in the fridge.
Extremely easy, super tasty, and I modified it to be gluten and dairy free. The kids actually eat it too.
- 1 1/8 cup gluten free all-purpose flour (add 2tbsp xanthan gum if necessary)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4-5 chicken breasts, pounded flat, cut to bite-sized pieces, don’t dry off
- 1/2 tsp avocado oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2/3 cup pineapple, blended (can keep some diced for show)
- 1/4 soy sauce (or coconut amines)
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/4 cup honey, or other sweetener
- 2 tsp rice flour (or other GF flours/starches on hand)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, ground ginger, salt and pepper in a large ziploc bag or bowl. Add chicken, tossing to thoroughly coat.
- Place a cooking rack on a cookie sheet and evenly spread chicken over the rack. Bake at 375oF for 10 minutes, then broil for 8-10 minutes.
- *You can flip the chicken and broil a little more if you choose, watch for burning
- Using the avocado oil in a saucepan, sauté garlic and ginger for 30 seconds, then add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes until sauce thickens.
- Toss chicken in the sauce. Serve with rice or rice noodles, and garnish with sesame seeds and green onion (and you favourite veggie sides)
Don’t forget to come in and chat with me about the importance of sticking to the foods best suited for you. Book here and we can discuss food sensitivity testing and how to modify any recipe to suit you.